Staff Accountant Position
NelsonCorp Tax Solutions is a family-owned accounting firm in Clinton, IA offering bookkeeping, tax preparation and tax planning to individuals and small businesses. Due to exceptional growth over the last three years, we are seeking to increase capacity by adding an experienced professional or a motivated graduate to help us fulfill the needs of our clients.
The ideal candidate is a motivated individual with exceptional customer service skills. A degree or background in accounting is preferred. Our firm prepares individual and business returns. Experience with forms 1040, 1041, 1120, 1120S, 990, 1065 including schedules C, E and F will be beneficial to a successful candidate. Our firm also has monthly bookkeeping clients and experience with QuickBooks and federal and state payroll compliance forms would also be beneficial. For candidates that lack training in QuickBooks or tax preparation, training with a certified accountant will be available before individual preparation is required.
This position will be a fulltime opportunity beginning immediately. NelsonCorp Tax Solutions will provide the necessary resources to acquire required certification as well as the continuing education requirements. Our firm is expecting to continue its expansion and is looking for a dedicated, self-motivated individual to help us take our firm to the next level.
- Prepare accurate and timely income tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Identify and develop tax strategies for individuals
- Ensure compliance for tax and bookkeeping clients by recognizing and meeting filing requirement deadlines.
- Communicate directly with clients and third-party service providers like banks, lawyers and financial advisors for the benefit of the client
- Represent clients before the IRS and state tax departments.
- Prepare insurance audits for clients
- Data entry for small businesses ensuring accuracy and integrity by constant communication with clients
- Monthly bookkeeping including banking, payroll, payroll taxes and sales tax
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients through communication, education and exceptional customer service.
Certification, Education and Skills Preferences
- CPA or EA certification including current CPE requirements (Training available to achieve certifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Tax preparation experience (Training available)
- Strong QuickBooks competency (Training available)